Every month, Lufthansa Miles & More announces a few destinations that are available for booking during that month at a substantial discount to the usual number of miles required.
It’s best to ignore the short haul offers, since the taxes and fuel surcharges are incredibly high with Miles & More (occasionally HIGHER than the cash cost of the ticket!). But there can be some interesting long haul bargains, particularly in premium cabins.
With that in mind, the latest list of discounted redemptions is now available. You need to book between 1-31 August, 2017. However, the travel period is 1 December 2017 – 15 January 2018.
It is important to note that these “Meilenschnaeppchen” bookings are completely non-refundable.
Here is the list of long haul destinations…
- Washington DC, Chicago in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Washington DC, Chicago in Business – 55,000 miles
Middle East / India and Africa
- Algiers, Tunis, Amman in Economy – 25,000 miles
- Delhi, Mumbai in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Algiers, Amman, Dubai, Tunis, Tehran, Riyadh in Business – 40,000 miles
- Tokyo (Haneda) in Economy – 40,000 miles
- Nanjing, Seoul, Qingdao in Business – 70,000 miles
Rather slim pickings this month, as the travel period covers Christmas holidays…