Every month, Lufthansa Miles & More announces a few destinations that are available for booking during that month at a substantial discount to the usual number of miles required.
It’s best to ignore the short haul offers, since the taxes and fuel surcharges are incredibly high with Miles & More (occasionally HIGHER than the cash cost of the ticket!). But there can be some interesting long haul bargains, particularly in premium cabins.
With that in mind, the latest list of discounted redemptions is now available. You need to book between 1-30 September, 2017. However, the travel period is 1 January 2018 – 15 February 2018.
It is important to note that these “Meilenschnaeppchen” bookings are completely non-refundable.
Here is the list of long haul destinations…
- Tampa in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Dallas / Fort Worth, Chicago in Business – 55,000 miles
- Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Almaty, Astana in Economy – 40,000 miles
- Tokyo (Haneda), Beijing, Almaty, Astana in Business – 70,000 miles
If you are willing to position yourself to Vienna in order to fly on Austrian Airlines, you can also take advantage of this offer to travel to these destinations between 1 September and 31 October, 2017:
- Los Angeles in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Los Angeles in Business – 55,000 miles
- Tehran in Economy – 25,000 miles
- Tehran in Business – 40,000 miles
- Hong Kong, Shanghai in Business – 70,000 miles