Every month, Lufthansa Miles & More announces a few destinations that are available for booking during that month at a substantial discount to the usual number of miles required.
It’s best to ignore the short haul offers, since the taxes and fuel surcharges are incredibly high with Miles & More (occasionally HIGHER than the cash cost of the ticket!). But there can be some interesting long haul bargains, particularly in premium cabins.
With that in mind, the latest list of discounted redemptions is now available. You need to book between 1-31 October, 2017. However, the travel period is 1 February 2018 – 15 March 2018.
It is important to note that these “Meilenschnaeppchen” bookings are completely non-refundable.
Here is the list of long haul destinations…
- Philadelphia, Toronto, Charlotte, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, New York JFK, Washington DC in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Boston, Detroit, Washington DC in Business – 55,000 miles
- Beijing, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Hong Kong in Business – 70,000 miles
If you are willing to position yourself to Vienna in order to fly on Austrian Airlines, you can also take advantage of this offer to travel to these destinations between 1 October and 30 November, 2017:
- Chicago in Economy – 30,000 miles
- New York JFK in Business – 55,000 miles
- Colombo in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Bangkok in Economy – 40,000 miles
- Beijing in Business – 70,000 miles