Every month, Lufthansa Miles & More announces a few destinations that are available for booking during that month at a substantial discount to the usual number of miles required.
It’s best to ignore the short haul offers, since the taxes and fuel surcharges are incredibly high with Miles & More (occasionally HIGHER than the cash cost of the ticket!). But there can be some interesting long haul bargains, particularly in premium cabins.
With that in mind, the latest list of discounted redemptions is now available. You need to book between 1-31 December, 2017. However, the travel period is 1 April – 15 May 2018.
It is important to note that these “Meilenschnaeppchen” bookings are completely non-refundable.
Here is the list of long haul destinations…
- Tampa in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Vancouver, Dallas in Business – 55,000 miles
- Nanjing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang in Economy – 40,000 miles
- Qingdao, Osaka, Nanjing, Shenyang in Business – 70,000 miles
If you are willing to position yourself to Vienna in order to fly on Austrian Airlines, you can also take advantage of this offer to travel to these destinations between 1 December and 31 January, 2018:
- Toronto in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Washington, DC in Business – 55,000 miles
Asia / Africa
- Seychelles in Economy – 30,000 miles
- Hong Kong in Business – 70,000 miles